- Default Landing Sheets – Building upon the ability to apply predefined selections when a user opens a Qlik Sense application, the September 2019 release enables developers to choose a landing sheet to direct the user to a specific sheet. This action can be combined with predefined selections to provide the desired focal point in the analysis process for users, which enhances the Guided Analytics experience in Qlik Sense.
- Increased Search Limit on Filter Panes – Previously, search values on a filter pane had a limit of 255 characters, which prevented users from copying and pasting a large number of distinct values to apply selections on a field. With this release, we have increased the search limit to 5,000 characters, allowing more values to be selected in bulk.
- Expression Promotion – This feature provides a fast and efficient way to promote a dimension or measure created in an object to a master item. With this capability, application creators have a better workflow when creating and testing expressions that will be later used across the entire application, increasing productivity and driving reuse.
Visualizations and Mapping
- Current Location – The map chart now features a new option to show your current location. A new button allows users to fetch their location from the device being used, adds an icon to the map, and zooms to the user’s current location. Users can then perform location-based search using the circle select, which delivers value in mobile and field use cases. Please note that the Qlik Sense Mobile app for iOS is not yet supported due to security limitations, but this functionality can be accessed through the mobile browser on iOS.
- Variance Waterfall Chart – TheVariance Waterfall is a new chart in the visualization bundle that provides variance analysis between two measures shown over the different values of a dimension. This type of chart is typically used in financial actuals versus forecast analysis. This highly requested chart type provides a more robust financial charting option and fills an important gap for financial analysis.
- Pie chart styling –This release features new styling options for the pie chart in the same fashion as the bar chart. These include the ability to tune the pie chart outline width, color, corner radius and inner radius, which gives the user a variety of options to improve the style, look, and feel of the chart. This helps customers moving from QlikView to Qlik Sense and reduces the need for mashup and extension development.
- Users can now use Qlik Sense within a Mobile environment using Web@work, Safari and Chrome browsers, expanding access within secure MDM environments.
- Qlik Sense Mobile now supports the new iPadOS. Please note that this is dependent on the timing of the iPadOS release.
- Salesforce connector now available on all Qlik Sense editions and deployment options (added to Qlik Sense Business, Qlik Sense Enterprise on Cloud Services and Qlik Sense Enterprise on Kubernetes)
- Updated SFDC connector to stay up to date with the latest API changes.
- Integrated Snowflake connectivity on all Qlik Sense editions and deployment options except for Qlik Sense Cloud Business
Filters support Select Excluded
Qlik NPrinting has the new check-box Select Excluded in filters. By enabling it the filter will keep all the non-selected values of the field. This new feature fills a gap with QlikView NPrinting 16.
Qlik Sense sheets can be added as images
Qlik Sense sheets can be added in the Images node of Qlik NPrinting report templates. This feature requires Qlik Sense February 2019 or newer and connection caches must be refreshed after Qlik NPrinting upgrade.
Objects in Qlik Sense containers are supported
Objects inQlik Sense containers are supported. All the objects in a container are inserted in the related connection cache and can be added in the template nodes that support them.